Sunday, January 31, 2010


Remember when the SUPERSOAKER 2000 came out? I must have been in third grade. My best friend Ellie and I would take this sucker-I mean soaker, to the pool and go CeRAAAZZY! I want to bring these childhood toys back. WHY USE BULLETS WHEN YOU CAN USE WATER? Over winter break I was hanging out in my studio (aka the basement) which has piles and piles of junk. Mom and Dad are kinda pack rats-fine by me because I always had the coolest dress-up clothes. Authentic. Period. None of that party warehouse costume stuff. But I'd just dig through a trunk and find one of mom's old prom dresses (that she hand made). Something about hand made. Her sewing machine still sits in the basement- I sould paint that next. But the supersoaker was just lying around and I thought-why not paint this!? It's certainly sellable. (ok, so I was going to give it to this guy I liked..but that became past tense LIKED...thought I liked...he liked guns...and apparently liked his own gun a little too much, but anywho... Now it's in my room at the Pi Phi house and all the girls are like "WHAT'S THAT?" and I'm like... oh goodness didn't you have one? Apparently not. But I think this is sellable Art because what  college guy wouldn't want a shiny gun, I mean super soaker hanging above his mantle place? If anything, it's a good conversation starter. I actually exchanged cards with the owner of MOMO's Italian restaurant and he lets people put their art up on his walls to sell ...going to make a phone call tomorrow. I cranked this baby out in like 4 hours! If I sell it for $175 I think that's pretty reasonable. What do you think?

More of B.Welt's Artwork

No comments:

Post a Comment