Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Creative Process

I see an idea...I go towards it... and climb the "ladder of possibilities". The ladder has many different slides (routes of churning out an idea). There is route A, B, and C-Z which basically is the slide alluding to an infinite amount of routes. The idea then "sinks" or "floats" in the "pool of ideas". The sinking idea rests on the bottom of the pool, but could be "brought back to life" if needed later on in the process. Out of the floating ideas, the one that makes the biggest SPLASH is the idea I go with. The sun represents everything going on in my creative mind (technique, motive, colors, process, style, tools, etc.) and outside of my mind (what inspires me, goals for the idea, clients, observable things, problems, etc). Then the idea(s) "evaporate" into a product. The cloud acts as "condensation" where the product I (and possibly others) let the product/idea marinate, we tweak it,  alter it, it takes time, but is perfect in our  minds and ready for submission. Then I "MAKE IT RAIN". The product rains into the world where it is either a)approved by the "dude sticking his tongue out to taste it or b) rejected by the "umbrella of rejection".

No comments:

Post a Comment