Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Best Burger in Town

Some argue Twisted Root Burger Co, The Grape, Burger House or even Village Burger Bar are qualifiers for  "the best burger in town". They are all wrong. Keller's is hands down the BEST burger in Dallas. I would recommend the NO. 5- it comes with special sauce, pickles, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, two beef patties and a POPPYSEED seed bun ( this is no BIG MAC). The Bun is toasted to perfection and the rest of the burger just melts in your mouth. I salivate thinking about this sucker. It's not dry, it's not mushy, and  it's not too big. It's just scrumptious and it goes down well with a coke and extra crispy fries.

I've been going to Keller's since I was a little girl. My rents won't make a trip to Dallas without going to Keller's on a Saturday morning. .  My dad's fraternity brother, Jack Keller's family started the place. I don't think they've done a drop of decorating since it was opened and I hope they never do. The tin roofs and tattered signs suit the drive-in just fine. What other drive-in do you know of that serves BEER? Is that even legal

They also own Jake's Burgers, which is good, but still not the same as a Kellers burger. 






No comments:

Post a Comment