Tuesday, March 2, 2010

India's Michael Jackson







I REALLY want to go to India this summer so I can meet Prabhu Deva and then he can show me around BOLLYWOOD (Sp?)...OH and to 
study lots of advertising...who am I kidding? It'll be NUTS traveling around that place. Fast 
Food Indian!!! SIGN ME UP!


But back to the clip...I think this could definitely be used as an ad if it was selling rain jackets (see part where he FLIPS his hood up backwards,it's insane and I strive to do that every day. Not really, but next time I wear a hooded jacket- that's on the list of things to do. This MUSIC 
VIDEO reminds me of THRILLER because it's focused on the main guy and he can dances his pants (or HOOD) off!

The background dancers only enhance the visuals and add quite a bit of HUMOR. I think this could be a hit in the states, especially if you're
targeting an Indian culture/subculture. I'm American and I think it's great, and I think it would entertain a diverse range of folks. I could
definitely see pre-teens and teenagers digging this. The first time I saw it was in high school and by now I know almost all of the lyrics (even
though I have NO idea what they are saying).

The WORDS don't MATTER in this video, because the SOUNDS and VISUALS pull you in.





No comments:

Post a Comment