Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shower Lufas

He says (Ernie from Sesame Street) that rubber duckys makes bath time more fun. I'll have to admit... I don't remember having a rubber ducky when I was a tyke.  I was at World Market buying a chair cushion when I stumbled across some rather unusual shower lufas. There was a dinosaur, a turtle, and a yellow ducky. Before college, shower lufas were picked out for me. Mom usually picked the pink and purple ones...but I never had animal lufas! I didn't really need a new lufa...but maybe it would make bath time more fun. I contemplated (I do like taradactyls they make me laugh)...but there's just something about that rubber ducky that I want to try out. In retrospect, it did brighten shower time a little more :). After a couple of months, ducky became sad looking. It needed a replacement. I didn't make the haul to World Market, CVS was just so convenient. Unfortunately they didn't have animals, but they did have a nice flower blossom lufa. It was the same price as the regular lufas, why not!? From now on I don't think I will buy regular lufas when there are other, much more fun, alternatives. I wonder if I would have bought the dinosaur lufa if Sesame Street advertised "rubber dino's" in their song? It's crazy how Pop Culture really does effect our everyday choices. If I were making an ad for a new shower lufa (say the flower blossom) I would incorporate a tune with Ernie, or do a spin on the copy (if its not copyrighted) "_______ lufas make bath time more fun!"

No comments:

Post a Comment