Monday, March 1, 2010

Dog Portraits

This is Pablo (see above). A charcoal commission I whipped out today! I should have done it about 3 weeks ago...(typical artist) procrastination at my best! 













A couple of years ago I did Matisse (see right), Pablo's older brother. Looking at the two they have the simlar style, but I feel like I captured more of the personality with Matisse. Part of it was from sketching out the dog in pencil first and emailing it to my client. She then told me what she wanted changed. Easy enough! I've learned that costomer value is important. I cater to what she wants and she calls me every time she gets a new pup!

I'm thinking about specializing in dog portraits. It has a lot of potential for the Dallas area. 

Here is Bailey, I painting I did for my sister over winter break! (It was about oh...2 years overdue...OOPS!)

No comments:

Post a Comment